Construction & Building Trades Supervisors
Construction and building trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in construction and building trades.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of construction and building workers and/or subcontractors
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements
- Liaises with managers and contractors to resolve operational problems
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3, in addition to significant relevant work experience.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £37,000 per annum and can progress up to £44,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 7,043 employed Construction & Building Trades Supervisors in the region.
Destinations of Construction Completers July 2018
57% of students went on to other FE study
11% of students went on to an Apprenticeship
3% of students went on to employment