Skilled Metal, Electrical & Electronic Trades Supervisors
Skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades workers
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements
- Liaises with managers and other departments and contractors to resolve operational problems
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements
- Reports as required to managerial staff on departmental activities.
Academic qualifications may not be required, though some GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification may be an advantage. NVQs/SVQs are available at Levels 1, 2 and 3. Apprenticeships combining practical work experience and technical training would be required together with significant, relevant work experience.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £31,000 per annum and can progress up to £42,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 4,301 employed Skilled Metal, Electrical & Electronic Trades Supervisors in the region.
Destinations of Engineering Completers July 2018
54% of students went on to other Further Education at York College
6% of students went on to other Higher Education
8% of students went on to employment