Credit controllers perform financial, administrative and other tasks in relation to credit control and debt collection.
- Receives requests for credit submissions and lending proposals
- Arranges for investigations of the credit worthiness of individuals or companies
- Deals with any enquiries or difficulties concerning the acceptance or rejection of credit applications
- Checks that accounting, recording and statutory procedures are adhered to for all credit transactions
- Arranges for the collection of arrears of payment.
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades but is also possible with other academic qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required for some posts.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £24,000 per annum and can progress up to £42,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 5,350 employed Credit Controllers in the region.