Officers Of Non-governmental Organisations
Officers of non-governmental organisations perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in the running of trade associations, employers’ associations, learned societies, trade unions, charitable organisations and similar bodies.
- Maintains and updates records of membership details, subscription fees, mailing lists, etc.
- Circulates and reports information of relevance to members and interested parties
- Arranges meetings, conferences and other events and circulates agenda and other relevant material
- Receives and responds to written correspondence and telephone enquiries from members and other organisations
- Assists with fund raising activities within a specified geographical area
- Prepares and provides measures of organisational activity for senior officials.
There are no formal academic requirements although pre-entry experience is usually necessary. Some organisations only employ their own members, although evidence of related work within pressure groups, the voluntary sector, trade unions or other organisations is generally sufficient.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £26,000 per annum and can progress up to £28,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 8,732 employed Officers Of Non-governmental Organisations in the region.