Sales Accounts & Business Development Managers
Sales accounts and business development managers plan, organise and undertake market research to meet the requirements of an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold, contributes to the development of sales strategies and setting of sales targets
- Discusses employer’s or client’s requirements, carries out surveys and analyses customers’ reactions to product, packaging, price, etc.
- Compiles and analyses sales figures, prepares proposals for marketing campaigns and promotional activities and undertakes market research
- Handles customer accounts
- Recruits and trains junior sales staff
- Produces reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies for senior management
- Keeps up to date with products and competitors.
Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience. NVQs/SVQs in sales and qualifications from other relevant professional bodies are available.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £25,000 per annum and can progress up to £52,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 49,718 employed Sales Accounts & Business Development Managers in the region.
Destinations of Digital Technologies Completers July 2018
58% of students went on to other Further Education at York College
11% of students went on to other Higher Education
3% of students went on to employment