Financial Accounts Managers
Job holders in this unit group manage client accounts or departments within financial institutions (such as banks and insurance companies) or manage a variety of financial accounts within other organisations.
- Develops and manages business accounts to increase sales of financial products
- Takes responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of several business accounts
- Manages teams handling insurance claims
- Checks customers’ credit rating with banks and credit reference agencies, and decides whether to offer credit
- Establishes terms of credit and ensures timely payment by customer, renegotiates payment terms and initiates legal action to recover debts if necessary
- Carries out and/or supervises general accounting and administrative work.
There are no formal academic requirements although professional qualifications in accountancy may be required by some employers. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £34,000 per annum and can progress up to £46,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 13,256 employed Financial Accounts Managers in the region.
29 Jul 2020
7 Aug 2020
21 Jul 2020
Destinations of Completers July 2018
55% of students went on to other Further Education at York College
13% of students went on to other Higher Education
9% of students went on to employment