Financial & Accounting Technicians
Financial and accounting technicians work alongside accountants and other financial professionals in managing the financial affairs of organisations.
- Maintains profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other accounting records
- Produces, collates and reports financial information for managers
- Liaises with clients to ensure that payments are made on time and credit limits are not exceeded
- Ensures invoices and payments are correct and sent out on time
- Monitors accounting systems to determine accounts are being maintained effectively and provides information on accounting practices to auditors.
There are no formal academic requirements. Professional qualifications are available from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Association of Accounting Technicians. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4. Exemptions to professional examinations may be granted to those with certain academic qualifications.
Salaries for this occupation tend to be around
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 3,297 employed Financial & Accounting Technicians in the region.
Destinations of Completers July 2018
55% of students went on to other Further Education at York College
13% of students went on to other Higher Education
9% of students went on to employment