Management Consultants & Business Analysts
Jobholders in this unit group advise industrial, commercial and other establishments on a variety of management and business-related matters to assist in the formulation of financial and business policies in order to maximise growth or improve business performance.
- Assesses the functions, objectives and requirements of the organisation seeking advice
- Identifies problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation, procedures, methods and markets
- Determines the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyses and interprets information gained and formulates and implements recommendations and solutions
- Advises governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings
- Runs workshops, and addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views.
Entry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification, but is possible with other academic qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and will be a requirement in some areas.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £38,000 per annum and can progress up to £49,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 15,952 employed Management Consultants & Business Analysts in the region.
Destinations of Completers July 2018
55% of students went on to other Further Education at York College
13% of students went on to other Higher Education
9% of students went on to employment