Marketing & Sales Directors
Marketing and sales directors plan, organise and direct market research and formulate and implement an organisation’s marketing and sales policies.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold
- Discusses employer’s or clients’ requirements, plans and monitors surveys and analyses of customers’ reactions to products
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Marketing Manager, Sales Manager). Entrants to the professional qualifications of the Chartered Institute of Marketing require GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award, a degree or equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience.
Salaries for this occupation tend to start at £54,000 per annum and can progress up to £84,000 per annum.
Is it in growth or decline?
There are currently 16,762 employed Marketing & Sales Directors in the region.
Destinations of Digital Technologies Completers July 2018
58% of students went on to other Further Education at York College
11% of students went on to other Higher Education
3% of students went on to employment