If you choose to take out an Advanced Learner Loan, you will not have to pay any upfront fees. Student Finance will pay the tuition fee on your behalf directly to the College. Details of how to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan can be found of the government website. Please note, you must wait until you receive a learning and funding information letter from the College before making your loan application. You may apply, if you wish, for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover part of your tuition fees, and in this case you will need to arrange to pay the remaining balance to the College.
Once you have completed your course, you will only start to repay your loan when your income is over a certain ‘threshold’ amount. Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advance Learner Loan balances you owe for an Access to HE Diploma once you have completed a higher education course. This means that you do not have to repay it.
Once you have received your letter approving your Advance Learner Loan, you may be able to get money from the Loan Bursary Fund. This fund is designed to help you pay for things like accommodation and travel, course materials and equipment, childcare or classroom assistance for a disability or learning difficulty. To find out your eligibility please get in touch with our Funding Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01904 770443.
Following successful completion of an eligible Access to Higher Education course at York College, students starting and continuing their degree course from September 2020 can apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund (NHS LSF) if they’re on one of the following pre-registration Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses:
- Dental therapy/Dental hygiene (level 5 and 6 courses)
- Nursing (adult, child, mental health, learning disability, joint nursing/social work)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practitioner (level 5 and 6 courses)
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Paramedics (bachelors and masters courses are eligible, DipHE and FD courses are not eligible for NHS LSF)
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Speech and language therapy
NHS LSF offers support for:
- A Training Grant for all eligible students of £5,000 per academic year – You need to be actively studying one of the courses from the list above, and receiving BOTH Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan. The eligibility criteria is on this page: NHS Learning Support Fund | NHSBSA
- Parental Support of £2,000 for students with at least one dependent child under 15 years, or under 17 years if registered with special educational needs (this used to be called Child Dependants Allowance)
- Reimbursement of excess costs incurred on practice placement for travel and temporary accommodation costs (Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses)
- Students experiencing financial hardship (Exceptional Support Fund)
Please visit the NHS Learning Support Fund website for full details.
If you do not have a tuition fee loan or are ineligible for one, you will be required to pay your tuition fees in accordance with the payment terms of the College. Your fees can be paid by TouchTone payment system, cash, or credit/debit card and you can pay:
- In person at the Finance Desk (08.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
- By using our TouchTone payment system
Our TouchTone telephone payment system allows you to make payments of any amount and on any date that suits you. Your account needs to be paid in full before your course end date, but you now have complete flexibility over your payment date and amounts. This means you can now pay weekly or monthly and you can pay as much or little as you can afford, as often as you like.
We will send you a monthly payment request that details your account balance and gives details of how to pay. All you then need to do is call our automated number and make your payment.
Your first monthly payment request will be issued via email after you enrol.
Please follow these instructions to make a payment.
Please ring 01904 770100 and select option 4 for TouchTone payments. Listen and follow the instructions given.
You will need the invoice number and date of birth in the format of year/month/day to use the TouchTone payment system – please wait for your enrolment confirmation email before attempting to make a payment
The TouchTone payment system will require you to enter your invoice number and date of birth exactly in the format as is shown in the email you are sent. Please note that when the system repeats back your invoice number it will replace *** with INV. The system will also provide a payment authorisation code.