A comprehensive First Aid at Work (statutory) course that complies with the current updated Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. You will gain the confidence to deal with First Aid emergency in the workplace. Successful students receive FAIB Approved certificates to show that they are qualified to be First Aiders in the workplace for the next three years.
Dates and Times
During the course you will cover the following:
- Dealing with accidents and illness at work
- Role of the first-aider
- Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Use of first aid kit contents and record keeping
- How to prevent cross infection
- Adult cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty (including seizure)
- Treatment for a choking adult
- Wounds and bleeding
- Treatment for minor injuries
- Heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, diabetes & asthma
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Dealing with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Dealing with suspected spinal injuries
Exams and Assessments
Continuous assessment by course trainer + multiple choice question paper.
How You Can Progress
A First Rescue certificate valid for three years, is issued on successful completion of assess-ment. Approved by the First Aid Industry Body (FAIB).
The cost of this course is £170. Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.