This qualification is designed for students who want to go on to higher level studies or into a relevant uniformed services role.
Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One and two year courses.
What will I study?
Course content covers areas such as the following that will:
- Allow progression to employment or further study towards the entry qualifications and requirements of a specific uniformed service
- Inform and prepare you to become a uniformed service potential recruit
- Provide an understanding of the uniformed public services sector
- Provide an understanding of the external organisations that impact on and influence the work of the uniformed services
- Provide an understanding of how uniformed services organisations respond in emergency situations
- Provide the opportunity to understand and develop the skills and qualities needed to work in a range of uniformed services eg leadership skills, coaching skills, conflict management, personal protection, teamwork, communication, navigation, drill
What could it lead to?
Uniformed Service - the course gives a good understanding of the services, skills and knowledge to make a strong application.
University - degree courses such as Criminology, Policing, Business, Sports, Disaster Management, Law, IT, Youth and Social Studies.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Working in Sport) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1