For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
One year course.
What will I study?
You will learn how to plan and instruct both gym-based and personal training programmes.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Principle of exercise, fitness and health
- How to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- The application of principles of nutrition within a physical activity programme
- How to design, manage and adapt a gym-based exercise and personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
What could it lead to?
On completing this course you will have an industry recognised qualification enabling you to start to work as a fitness instructor immediately. REPS accredited – this course is worth 20 REPS points at Level 3. Students may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or the Foundation Degree in Sports Therapy or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Football Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Personal Training (Gym-Based Exercise) Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction) Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Outdoor and Public Services) Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services National Extended Diploma Level 3