For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
One year course
What will I study?
This course offers an enjoyable blend of practical activities and theoretical study that prepares students for progression onto the advanced level courses.
Anatomy and physiology; how to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme and learn the skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme.
What could it lead to?
On completing this course you will have an industry recognised qualification enabling you to start to work as a fitness instructor immediately. REPS accredited – this course is worth 20 REPS points. Students may progress onto an advanced level qualification in Sport/Sport and Exercise Science or take up employment in the sport and leisure industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Football Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Development, Coaching and Fitness) National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport (Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction) Diploma Level 2
- Sport (Outdoor and Public Services) Level 2
- Sport and Active Leisure BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Sport and Exercise Sciences National Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Coaching Diploma Level 2
- Sport Extended Diploma Level 3
- Uniformed Public Services National Extended Diploma Level 3