This qualification aims to help support your personal development through acquiring skills and knowledge in sport, exercise and fitness. The qualification also allows you to gain personal transferable skills that can be applied to the workplace or further study.
Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
One year course.
What will I study?
The programme content includes a comprehensive introduction into the health, fitness and sports industry.
Units covered may include:
- Taking Part in Sport
- Sport Coaching
- Personal Exercise and Fitness
- Strength and Conditioning
- Health and Nutrition
To achieve the Level 1 Certificate in Sport, you must successfully demonstrate your achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in this qualification specification. This qualification is graded. This is a portfolio based qualification.
What could it lead to?
Upon successful completion of this course you may wish to progress to a Level 2 course in Sport or the Level 2 course in Public Services (this is also subject to a good course report and recommendation from your course tutor). Some students may wish to pursue entry to employment in the sports and fitness industry.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma Level 2
- Entry to the Uniformed Services Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise) Certificate Level 2
- Personal Training Certificate Level 3
- Sport (Working in Sport) Diploma Level 2
- Sport & Physical Activity (Sport Coaching or Working in Sport & Leisure Pathway) Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport and Exercise Sciences Diploma/Extended Diploma Level 3
- Sport Certificate Level 1