Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance.
What will I study?
Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the media from both a practical and theoretical standpoint. The course is designed to provide students with a broad set of production skills in a variety of contexts.
During the first year, all students will study a range of different units including Video Production, Digital Graphics, Sound Production and Video Games. Through a variety of projects, students are encouraged to explore ideas and techniques to develop a range of practical skills, develop an understanding of how to use a range of software and build on their theoretical understanding of media production and its applications. This culminates in a larger, individualised project where students have the opportunity to focus on their desired specialism.
In the second year, students select to pursue either TV & Film or Print Based Media. Students cover specialist units which will give them a deeper knowledge of their chosen area. During the second year, students will experience larger, more challenging assignments and work with external clients to realise more sophisticated projects.
What could it lead to?
The aim of the course is to prepare students for the progression to Higher Education and media production. Students may progress on to university or college to take degrees or foundation degrees in subjects such as: animation, television and film production, photography and digital imaging, media studies, video game design, publishing, journalism, advertising and interactive media.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Creative & Performing Arts (Dance) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology Diploma Level 2
- Creative Media Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Music Performance and Production Diploma Level 2
- Music Performance and Production Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts Diploma Level 2
- Performing & Production Arts (Backstage Arts) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing and Production Arts (Musical Theatre) Extended Diploma Level 3
- Performing Arts (Acting) Extended Diploma Level 3