- An interest in cake decoration
- Students will also require the following equipment: Apron and non-slip shoes
Dates and Times
17th September 2018 - 1st October 2018
6.00pm - 9.00pm
This course is a part-time class where students will develop their skills decorating a cake. The class is suitable for complete beginners or for those that want to brush up or perfect their cake-covering skills and master simple techniques, including covering, basic piping skills and basic decorating techniques.
Students will learn:
- The basics of the art of cake decorating including covering techniques and basic lettering, piping and decorating skills.
All equipment required for the classes will be provided. Students will learn in a fun and relaxing atmosphere in a well-equipped commercial kitchen. Class sizes also ensure one-to-one attention. In each class students will learn all the tricks of the trade, get to practice the techniques shown and go home with new-found skills. Ingredients for the course can be provided at basic cost or brought in yourself.
The cost of this course is £280.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- City and Guilds Level 1 Diploma Introduction to Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- Level 2 Diploma Food & Beverage Services
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery (Patisserie and Confectionary)
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Advanced Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Patisserie & Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bakery
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Cake Decoration & Icing
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Patisserie & Confectionery