Students require three GCSEs at grade 'C' or above including English and Maths, or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English. Alternatively, Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality Service or Entry Level Certificate in Introduction to Hospitality, or GCSE in Catering or Food Technology at grade 'C' or above.
Dates and Times
Start date: 18th September 2017
End date: 5th July 2018
There are various times available, please contact the Info Zone on 01904 770400 for more information.
This qualification will provide the knowledge and practical skills to work front of house. The qualification covers a range of essential skills that will enable students to gain confidence in delivering high levels of service to all customers in a range of environments.
- Customer service in hospitality
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Team working in hospitality
Plus a range of optional units covering:
- Food and beverage service skills
- Providing reception service skills
- Food preparation and cooking skills
- Providing housekeeping services skills
- Handling payments and maintaining payment points
Competence-based assessment through a portfolio of evidence and underpinning knowledge questions.
Students can progress onto Level 3 courses including Professional Cookery or Food and Beverage Service.
Potential job occupations include:
- Catering/restaurant manager
- Sommelier/wine waiter
- Bar tender
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Advanced Cake Decoration & Icing
- Advanced Patisserie and Confectionery
- Beginners Cake Decoration & Icing
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Hospitality Services
- City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service Supervision
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Intermediate Cake Decoration & Icing
- Intermediate Patisserie and Confectionery
- Introduction to Patisserie and Confectionery
- York College Certificate - Advanced Bakery
- York College Certificate - Intermediate Bakery