This course is aimed at adults who wish to develop their skills in Beauty Therapy. There will be a substantial amount of home study to be able to meet the demands of this course.
If you are interested in enrolling for this course, please contact our InfoZone to book onto an information session.
Students generally require a minimum of three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 'D' or above to gain entry onto the course. Mature students may be exempt from this requirement if they have appropriate work experience/life skills or additional qualifications. Students will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and interest at their interview.
Dates and Times
Start date: 19th September 2017
End date: 5th July 2019
Time: 17.50pm - 21.00pm
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Make sure your own actions reduce health and safety risks
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skincare treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Provide make-up services
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Carry out waxing services
- Skin camouflage or Salon Reception
Tutor input and demonstrations are followed by the practical application of skills and knowledge. Assignments and portfolio-building are an integral part of the programme.
Students must provide their own models/clients.
Exams and Assessments
You will need to prove you are capable in every aspect of the course. Once the skill has been 'mastered', continuous assessment, both practical and on the theory of the subject, will take place at the tutor's discretion. You will be assessed by practical observations in a realistic environment on paying clients and through assignment work, which will include oral questioning. Online tests are used to assess the underpinning knowledge.
A portfolio of evidence is required to complete the course and support assessments. The portfolio must be handed in at the end of the course for internal verification.
City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Level 3 Beauty Therapy
Hairdressing Level 2
The cost of this course is £1775.
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Facial Electrical
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- York College Certificate - Getting the Best from your Make-up
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Hand and Arm Massage
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Reflexology
- York College Certificate - Looking After Your Hands & Nails
- York College Certificate - Providing a Simple Back Massage