Download our Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma Powerpoint for more info about this course.
This course is aimed at adults who wish to develop their skills in Beauty Therapy. There will be a substantial amount of home study to be able to meet the demands of this course.
If you are interested in enrolling for this course, please contact our InfoZone to book onto an information session.
Students generally require a minimum of three GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade D/3 or above to gain entry onto the course. Mature students may be exempt from this requirement if they have appropriate work experience/life skills or additional qualifications. Students will need to demonstrate enthusiasm and interest at their interview. Students will need to purchase the college kit and uniform.
Dates and Times
Start date: 18 September 2018
End date: 4 July 2019
Time: 18.00pm to 21.00pm
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Facial skincare
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes (lash and brow tinting, shaping and artificial lashes)
- Provide make-up services
- Provide manicure treatments
- Provide pedicure treatments
- Carry out waxing services
- Salon Reception
- Design and create a themed image
- Make sure your own actions reduce health and safety risks
- Promote additional products or services to clients
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
Students will have the opportunity to work in one of our three specialist salons, using professional products and equipment. Following demonstrations students will practise skills on each other, building up confidence to work on clients (students may need to bring in their own models/clients for assessment). Some theoretical aspects will be covered during lesson time, but students will be required to complete independent and guided learning/research to prepare for online exams and possible assignment work.
Exams and Assessments
You will need to prove you are capable and competent in every aspect of the course. You will be assessed through practical observations in a realistic environment, then on paying clients. Knowledge and understanding will be assessed through questioning, assignment work and online tests. A portfolio of evidence is required to complete the course and support assessments. The portfolio must be handed in at certain points during the course for internal moderation and students will need to demonstrate skills to an external moderator (should they be selected).
City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the kit and uniform?
Kit = £340
Uniform = £36
Can medical health affect the ability to give/receive treatment?
Yes, certain medical conditions may be a restriction- please discuss this with your tutor prior to commencement of the course.
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the college for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy & Hairdressing Level 1 - Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector
- Beauty Therapy Hot Stones (1 day) York College Certificate
- Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma (VRQ) City and Guilds
- Beauty Therapy Simple Back Massage(1/2 day) York College Certificate
- Body Massage Level 3 Diploma (VTCT)
- Hairdressing Level 2 in Womens Hairdressing
- Hairdressing Level 3 in Womens Hairdressing
- Level 3 Diploma Beauty Therapy Techniques