This course will interest those who wish to learn how look after their hands and nails. Students will learn how to correctly shape nails, tidy cuticles and apply nail products. It will also include a complimentary, luxury hand mask to help soften the skin and strengthen the nails. (Please don’t worry if you are a nail-biter – this introductory course can also help you!)
There are no formal entry requirements.
Dates and Times
- The structure of the nail
- How to correctly file and shape the nails
- How to keep cuticles tidy
- How to correctly apply nail products (including nail enamel)
Students who develop a particular interest in nails and hand care may consider applying for Level 2 Nails (part-time) or NVQ Beauty Therapy (full-time or part-time).
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Beauty Therapy - Hot Stone Massage
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Sector
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Facial Electrical
- City and Guilds Level 2 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
- City and Guilds Level 3 VRQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
- City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma Management Practice & Advanced Techniques in the Hair & Beauty Sector
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage
- York College Certificate - Getting the Best from your Make-up
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Hand and Arm Massage
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Reflexology
- York College Certificate - Looking After Your Hands & Nails
- York College Certificate - Providing a Simple Back Massage