Many managers and supervisors are appointed on the basis of their demonstrated ability to do their previous job well. Few are afforded the opportunity to learn about the art of management and supervision, other than through learning ‘on the job’. Some will have recognised this gap in their learning, and will have attended York College’s two day ‘Introduction to Management and Supervision’ workshop. Whether learning has been acquired ‘on the job’ and / or through workshops, many will recognise there is more to be learnt.
Who is it for?
Managers and supervisors who are comfortable with the ‘basics’ of the subject but would like time out to explore the subject in a little more detail.
To provide opportunity for delegates to explore and practice key management activities including Performance Management, Project Management, Giving and Receiving Feedback, and Handling Tricky Conversations.
Over two days, delegates will receive taught input on key management activities (as above), with opportunity to practice these skills. The workshop will be informal, flexible, allowing space for some bespoke exploration of related subjects of interest to delegates.
Slide deck, workbook, exercises, discussion, short videos will all be used to amplify taught input.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This course is delivered over 2 days – 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Individual cost: £155.00 per delegate
Next Course Dates
21st-22nd March 2019
24th-25th June 2019
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- Accelerated Business Growth Programme
- Allergen Awareness
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Here today, gone tomorrow: How to keep your business reputation positive
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Innovation Intrapreneurial Leadership
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel VBA
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets