Who is this for?
Leaders and managers of small and medium-sized organisations. The programme is particularly relevant to individuals without a formal leadership and management qualification who are looking for a practical and comprehensive introduction to key leadership and management theories, models, frameworks, tools, techniques and approaches. The programme is an excellent platform from which some may wish to explore formal qualifications.
How is the programme structured?
- Next Generation comprises 8 whole days of training, one day per month, starting in November 2018.
Three core themes:
- Managing Self: including values, beliefs and world views, communication, networking, attitudes and behaviour, personal development planning, time management, assertiveness and delegation.
- Leading and managing others: including teams, recruitment, selection and development, leadership and management, influencing and persuading, motivation and appraisal.
- Working together: including vision and strategy, change management, project management, stakeholder management, evaluation.
- Part of Day 1 will involve refining the programme content to meet the needs and interests of the group.
- Part of Day 8 will involve planning ‘Next Steps’ for delegates.
- Workshops will combine different learning tools and processes including workbooks, case studies, guest speakers, assessment tools and other diagnostics, access to models and theories, audio visual material and reading lists. There will be opportunity to progress learning and thinking between workshops. Delegates will also provide a learning resource for each other with opportunities for networking, discussion and practice together.
- Whilst the programme is unaccredited, learning acquired can count towards an ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) qualification for those looking to progress onto an accredited programme.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This course is delivered 1 day per month for 8 months – 9.00am to 4.30pm
Individual cost: £595.00 per delegate.
Next Course Dates
12th November 2018 - 3rd June 2019
16th November 2018 – 31st May 2019
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit,
Sim Balk Lane,
- Accelerated Business Growth Programme
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Excel VBA
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- How to Succeed in Sales
- Innovation Intrapreneurial Leadership
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- MailChimp Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Office 365
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- What is PR and why does your business need it?
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets