Data Protection is high on the agenda of most businesses, with employees at all levels offering the first line of defence against failure and a subsequent breach. Ensuring staff and management understand Data Protection whilst being able to carry out good data protection practice in their day to day activities, is a key part of a good security culture. The UK, as a current member state of the EU, will be required to adopt EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 25 2018. This is not a replacement for the current UK Data Protection Act (1998), but an augmentation. Once Britain exits the EU, this will remain legislation for companies storing, managing or processing personal data relating to EU citizens or individuals that could become EU citizens. Given that the sliding scale of monetary penalties for a data breach under GDPR, range from 2% to 4% of global turnover, or €10-€20m, commensurate with the severity of the breach, it is not something any Data Processors or Data Controllers can afford to ignore.
This course is designed to give all staff a working familiarity of the fundamentals of Data Protection that form the basis for GDPR and DPA. This course seeks to put GDPR and the DPA into context using real life examples.
At the end of this course staff will be able to confidently manage personal information in the workplace whilst at the same time remaining adhering to GDPR or the DPA and Company Policies.
Half Day Awareness Training
What is data protection?
- Data types
- Personal data
- Sensitive personal data
- GDPR & DPA
How does it relate to me?
- A step by step guide to how the fundamentals of Data Protection/GDPR impact you
- Baseline security behaviours and practices to learn and use
- The relationship between Data Protection/GDPR and Security
What's the worst that can happen?
- Examples of what happens when things go wrong from the files of the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Identifying poor practice and behaviour that often lead to a breach
Delivery and Attendance
We are hoping to run this course again soon, please contact the Business Development Unit on 01904 770368 for more info.
£95.00 per delegate
- Accelerated Business Growth Programme
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Innovation Intrapreneurial Leadership
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel VBA
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- What is PR and why does your business need it?
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets