Who is this qualification for?
The qualification is aimed at food handlers and other staff involved in food preparation and service who work within the catering industry.
This qualification is supported by Allergy UK, who regard it as suitable staff training for catering outlets that wish to apply for their Allergy Aware Scheme.
How long will it take?
Tuition and assessment held over one day from 8.45am - 4.30pm.
Individual price: £110 Includes tuition, certification and assessment.
The qualification is designed to provide knowledge and understanding of food allergens and foods that commonly cause intolerances, their characteristics and effects, the importance of effectively communicating information regarding allergenic ingredients to customers, and how staff can minimise the risk of cross-contamination from allergenic ingredients.
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination.
Next Course Dates
9th May 2019
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us:
Tel: 01904 770368
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
- Accelerated Business Growth Programme
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Digital Marketing
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Here today, gone tomorrow: How to keep your business reputation positive
- Highfield Level 2 Allergen Awareness
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Innovation Intrapreneurial Leadership
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- Marketing Skills
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel VBA
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Sales Skills
- Supporting Mental Health
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets