This programme is a one-day practical course that provides delegates with the confidence to use woodworking machinery in a safe and effective way.
By the end of the course, students will be able to demonstrate confidence in the operation of the following machines:
Circular rip saw
Surface planing machine
Thickness planing machine
Narrow band saw.
The key areas to be covered in the use of these machines are listed below:
Correct selection of machine for the type of work to be done
Purpose and adjustment of guards and safeguards
Correct selection and use of safety devices:
Push sticks, push spikes, jigs and work holders.
Practical understanding and application of legal requirements
Safe working practices to include:
Feeding, setting, cleaning and taking off.
All training will follow the 1998 Regulations in Provision and Use of Work Equipment, as applied to wood working machinery.
Programme Delivery and Costs
The cost for this course is £150.
Next Course Dates
Next course to be planned but to express your interest in this please contact the Business Development Unit.
Further Information and Booking
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security For Everyday Life
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Email Marketing
- Excel VBA
- Face the Fear and Sell It Anyway (Sales for Non Sales People)
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to social media - getting started
- Introduction to the Polish Language and Culture for British Business
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Pay-per-click Advertising
- Performance Management
- Project Management Techniques and Tools
- Social Selling - Developing a Great Sales Pipeline
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety