Legislation requires that all managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, food manufacturing or food retail businesses have this qualification. Relevant for those who have to develop or monitor food safety management procedures and systems.
This course will enable candidates to have the ability to implement and supervise food safety management systems, understand food safety procedures, understand food hazards and the risks associated with cross-contamination and to be able to implement and supervise high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
This three-day accredited programme is designed for managers and supervisors in food manufacturing or catering businesses who understand and have knowledge of basic food hygiene and ideally hold the Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
- Food contamination hazards and controls
- Food poisoning and foodborne disease
- Personal hygiene
- Storage/temperature control
- Food spoilage and preservation
- Food premises and equipment
- Cleaning & disinfection
- Pest control
- Supervisory management/HACCP
- Food safety legislation
Assessment is via a multi-choice examination (45 questions of which a candidate must achieve 27 correct answers within 90 minutes) for which HABC (Highfield Awarding Body For Compliance) will issue a certificate to successful candidates who achieve the required level of assessment.
Candidates will have to provide some form of photographic ID prior to sitting the exam.
Programme Delivery and Costs
This programme is held at York College and runs from 8.45am - 4.30pm. The individual price is £285, which includes tuition, course textbook, examination and certification. Lunch is not included in this programme.
Next Course Date
13th - 15th March 2019.
This is a 3 day course.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
- Accelerated Business Growth Programme
- Allergen Awareness
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Cyber Security Foundation Course
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Data Protection & GDPR Awareness Training
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Effective project management
- Email Marketing
- Essential HR for Managers
- Here today, gone tomorrow: How to keep your business reputation positive
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Innovation Intrapreneurial Leadership
- Intermediate Management and Supervisory Skills
- Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- Leading Critical Business Change
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel - Introductory
- Microsoft Excel VBA
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Motivation - Getting the Best out of People
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Next generation Leadership & Management
- Performance Management
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building - Getting the Best out of Working Together
- Wood Safety
- Working with Costs and Budgets