The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Healthy (NEBOSH) awarding body is aimed at professionals and managers who have a specific responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. NEBOSH qualifications are recognised and respected by employers in all sectors of the economy.
The vast majority of occupational injuries, incidents and ill-health are avoidable by good health and safety management. By saving money, improving productivity and raising workforce morale, effective health and safety management should be recognised as an essential element of a successful management strategy. Many larger organisations choose the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a key part of their supervisors’ or management development programme. By ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management they build an effective safety culture in the company. Smaller organisations, operating in lower risk environments, often choose the NEBOSH National General Certificate as the appropriate qualification for the manager taking the lead on health and safety issues.
The aim of the NEBOSH National General Certificate programme is to provide delegates with a general understanding of Occupational Health and Safety and its implications for their organisation. This programme is suitable for Managers, Supervisors, Employee Representatives and others wishing to gain underpinning knowledge in occupational safety and health.
The programme objectives are as follows:
- Identify hazards and unsafe practices
- Advise on, or to take appropriate remedial action in order to reduce the risks in the working environment
- Use proactive strategies to prevent accidents and control risk
- Identify the main requirements of health and safety legislation
- Select appropriate safety monitoring techniques
The programme is divided into two areas: the management of safety and health and controlling workplace hazards, covering the following topics:
- Hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Delegates will be expected to complete course assignments and conduct private study whilst on the programme.
Assessment is by an end examination comprising two written papers (Paper NGC1 Management of Health and Safety and Paper GC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards) and a practical assessment (GC3 Health and Safety Practical Applications).
NEBOSH will award certification upon successful completion of the written papers and practical assessments.
Individual price: £990 per delegate which includes tuition, course textbook, examinations and certification. There may be funding available for this programme to eligible companies under the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Skills Service project (www.the-lep.com/skillservice). Companies must be based in the Leeds City Region and have less than 250 employees. Please contact us for more information about this.
Next Course Dates
Course start dates: 30th May 2018
1 day per week for 15 weeks.
Further Information and Booking
If you're interested in this course then please contact us on:
Business Development Unit, York College, Sim Balk Lane, York, YO23 2BB
Tel: 01904 770368
31 Aug 2016, 18 Nov 2016 and 15 Feb 2017
- An Introduction to Management and Supervisory Skills
- Creative Problem Solving for Managing Change
- Customer Service Excellence
- Cyber Security For Everyday Life
- Data Protection & GDPR
- Dealing with Conflict at Work
- Developing Leadership Capabilities
- Effective Minute Taking and Agendas
- Email Marketing
- Excel VBA
- Face the Fear and Sell It Anyway (Sales for Non Sales People)
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- Highfield Level 3 Supervising Food Safety
- How to Build an Effective Social Media Strategy
- How To Get Visual With Social Media
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to social media - getting started
- Introduction to the Polish Language and Culture for British Business
- IOSH - Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Leadership Skills
- MailChimp Training
- Managing Financial Resources - for Non-Finance Managers
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Office Project 2016 - Introduction
- Microsoft Word - Advanced
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Online Pay-per-click Advertising
- Performance Management
- Project Management Techniques and Tools
- Social Selling - Developing a Great Sales Pipeline
- The Intrapreneurial Leader
- Wood Safety