Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed for learners who wish to develop their skills and aid progression into teaching. It will help develop practical skills as well as knowledge of working in a variety of contexts.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Delivery of education and Training
- Using Resources
- Assessing learners in Education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners
- Action research
Learners must have GCSE English, ICT and Maths at GCSE or equivalent Grade 4 (C).
If learners do not hold the above then an initial assessment must be taken.
Learners must be able to undertake 30 hours’ worth of teaching practice during the course. This is the learner’s responsibility to find their own placement.
Dates and Times
30th January 2019 - 26th June 2019
Wednesday evenings 5.30- 8.30pm
The course runs from September 18 to May 19.
Learners will develop their own teaching/training skills in their own area of expertise.
The course is classroom based for knowledge as well as 30 hours of practical experience.
Exams and Assessments
Learners will develop a portfolio of evidence as well as having 3 observations on practical skills.
NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
After successful completion of this course learners may progress on to:
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Level 5 Certificate in Education (bridging course is required)
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness