Who is this course aimed at?
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support, including: planning; delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
It is aimed at learners working in support roles within schools and colleges as well as learners working in roles that offer specialist support for pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
The course involves building a portfolio of evidence that demonstrates competency within the profession.
Students must be 18+. They will also need to have a minimum of six months working or volunteering within a school or college environment.
Dates and Times
16th September 2019 - 29th June 2020, 9.15am - 12.15pm
16th September 2019 - 29th June 2020, 5.30pm - 8.30pm
20th January 2020 - 7th December 2020, 9.15am - 12.15pm
20th January 2020 - 7th December 2020, 5.30pm - 8.30pm
The course will cover units such as :
- Schools and colleges as organisations
- Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Understand how children and young people develop
- Support children and young people during learning activities
- Support assessment for learning
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods which could include: direct observation by an assessor within the workplace, written assignments and professional discussion in line with the assessment of learning provided for each unit.
Exams and Assessments
Assessment is ongoing through the completion of written evidence along with demonstrating competency within the work place.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many hours am I required to undertake in a school or college environment?
The recommendation is that learners undertake minimum of 15 hours per week within a primary, secondary or college environment.
Can I work in more than one setting?
Yes, as long as you are working with children and young people aged from 5 – 19 years.
How many times will assessment be within the work setting?
The assessor will visit you at least three times throughout the duration of the course
Learners can progress onto the Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges, a foundation degree or specialist roles within the workforce.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Distance Learning NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness