Who is this course aimed at?
Are you wanting a change in career? Do you like the idea of working with children in schools? This may be the course for you.
It is aimed at learners working/wanting to work in roles that support pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
This course will provide you with knowledge and skills to work directly with children and young people.
There will be half a day at college and then you will be expected to complete 1-2 days in a school setting (placement) every week.
English and Maths GCSE C/Level 4 or equivalent or to retake them alongside the course.
Must be 16 years or over.
Dates and Times
It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting children and young people’s positive behaviour and communication and professional relationships.
A range of teaching styles will be used. This will be in the classroom and then knowledge will be implemented in placement.
Exams and Assessments
All units will be internally assessed using written assignments, professional discussions in college and direct observations will take place in the setting.
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Learners can progress onto the Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or into the workforce.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness