Dates and Times
21st January 2019 - 18th March 2019.
Mondays 5.30pm - 8.30pm
The course provides an introduction to identifying dyslexic traits and strategies to support learners with dyslexia. It will look at the characteristics of dyslexia including how to identify auditory, visual and motor traits. The course shows how to understand and work with the reports a dyslexic learner will have. The main focus of the course is around strategies to support the learner both individually and within a group setting. There will be an exploration of assistive technology and ideas to develop self-support strategies.
Exams and Assessments
The course will use a variety of assessment methods such as short assignment tasks, case studies and classroom-based tasks, culminating in the submission of a portfolio of evidence at the end of the programme.
The course will provide a good introduction to dyslexia, allowing the learner to decide if they wish to pursue a higher-level course in the subject.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
The cost of this course is £240
Courses costing more than £100 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness