This qualification are appropriate for those who are working or wish to work in the field of Internal Quality Assurance. The qualification will give people who carry out this role the opportunity to develop and improve practice as well as gaining a professional qualification. The requirements for individual sectors can vary so learners are advised to check the requirements of their sector before applying.
Candidates who wish to partake in the IQA awards must:
- Work in a training/assessing environment.
- Hold an assessor award (TAQA/A1/D32/D33 CAVA).
- Hold a relevant qualification to the specific subject that they wish to assure quality.
Duration and Attendance
9th January 2018 - 8th May 2018
What will you learn?
Unit 1 Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice.
This unit relates to the theory of quality assurance. It covers topics such as the purpose of Internal Quality Assurance (IQA), IQA planning and how to undertake an IQA activity. Candidates are required to submit assignments as per hand in dates. Assessment is in the form of a written portfolio. Ongoing tutor support is available.
Unit 2 Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process and Practice
This is mostly a practical unit consisting of undertaking IQA activities in your area of practice while being observed by the tutor. There is an element of written work to produce documentation required for IQA. This unit follows on from Unit 1. Assessment is by direct observation and submission of the portfolio. Ongoing tutor support is available.
Workplace observations are required following these sessions.
How You Can Progress
This qualification could lead to:
- Further Education Lecturer
- Higher education Lecturer
- Learning Mentor
- Training Instructor
- Training Manager
Courses costing more than £200 can usually be paid for in instalments. Please contact the College for details.
How to Apply
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Ascentis Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- Ascentis Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Early Years Advanced Practitioner
- City & Guilds Introduction to Trainer Skills
- Gateway Dyslexia Awareness
- ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- ILM Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Leadership and Management
- NCFE L2 Cert Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
- NCFE L3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home-Based Childcare
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Pearson Edexcel Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance Awards