Who is this course aimed at?
Are you working in a school with children aged 5 years and upwards? Would you like to further your career opportunities? Have you a level 3 already and want to develop your understanding, skills and abilities?
Then this may be the course for you.
This level 4 qualification will challenge you in both daily practice and theoretical understanding. You will acquire and use leadership, mentoring, coach and reflection skills through the qualification.
Students must be 18 years and over and hold a full level 3 Childcare/Teaching assistant qualification and Maths/English GCSE or equivalent. Applicants must have a wealth of experience working directly with children in a classroom.
Dates and Times
18th September 2018 - 21st May 2019
Tuesday 1.15pm – 4.45pm
Year long course
- Enabling individuals to learn
- Understand how to support children and young people to improve their mental health and well-being
- Working with others to support individuals with additional needs and disability
- Working with families and other professionals
- Implementing change in school
You will have 3 hours a week in college and then have tasks to do in school. This will allow you to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
Exams and Assessments
All unties will be internally assessed using a range of written assignments, professional discussions and direct observations in the workplace.
NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges
You may progress within the workforce in the following roles:
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
- Higher Level Practitioner/Teaching Assistant
- Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
- Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Distance Learning NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safeguarding and 'Prevent'
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in ICT for Early Years
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- NCFE CACHE Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner for Schools and Colleges
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- NCFE Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA)
- NCFE Level 4 Award in Award Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Process and Practice
- NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- York College Certificate in Dyslexia Awareness