GCSEs in Maths and English at grades E, F or G (grades 1 – 2+) or equivalent Functional Skills. Students with no formal qualifications will be assessed before enrolment. You must have a keen interest in creative and interactive media.
What will I study?
You will complete 9 units over the year which involve using a wide range of exciting and emerging technologies including Interactive Media, Multimedia, Video, Animation, Digital Photography, Website Software and Exploring Career Opportunities in Creative/Digital Media. You will use iPads in most of your units.
You will study maths and English at Entry 3, Level 1, Level 2 or GCSE depending on what you have already achieved. All students who have not achieved a grade C (grade 4) at GCSE will need to continue studying both of these subjects.
How will I be assessed?
The Diploma is assessed at a Pass grade through the completion of internal assignments. There are no exams.
What could it lead to?
On successful completion of the course you may progress to the Level 2 Extended Certificate in ICT or an equivalent pathway.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Science route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Systems & Network Support route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Creative Computing route) Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- IT Users Introductory Diploma Level 1