Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance. We recognise that not all prospective students have the necessary formal entry requirements but never the less have a keen interest in the subject. We are always prepared to discuss options with students.
What will I study?
Mandatory units include:
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- A Digital Portfolio
- Multimedia Products Development
On the Computer Science pathway you will also study:
- Software Development
- Mobile Apps Development
- Website Development and Automated Computer Systems
- Maths and English
If you do not have a grade C (grade 4) or above in Maths and English you will retake these again. Some students may study Functional Skills in Maths and English if this is more appropriate.
We also encourage students to seek work experience opportunities to support their study.
You will have at least two educational trips through the course of your study which are compulsory. In addition we encourage students to seek additional work experience opportunities to support their study.
What could it lead to?
This Extended Certificate is a respected qualification allowing access into entry level jobs in the IT industry, or progression onto Level 3 IT Diplomas, for which you will need to have obtained an overall Pass grade.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Science route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Systems & Network Support route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Creative Computing route) Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- IT Users Introductory Diploma Level 1