Please see our Entry Requirements page for general entry requirement guidance. Students with no formal qualifications will be assessed before enrolment. You must have a keen interest in IT.
What will I study?
You will complete 6 units over the year which involve using a wide range of exciting and emerging technologies including Developing Digital Information, Using Digital Technologies, Solving Technical IT Problems, Creating a Website, Developing a Computer Program, Developing Digital Graphics and Animated Graphics.
These are common skills that all learners at Level 1 need to develop in order to progress. You will complete 4 of these units which involve being organised, working with others, researching skills and making a plan for progression. You will also take part in work experience.
You will study maths and English at Entry 3, Level 1, Level 2 or GCSE depending on what you have already achieved. All students who have not achieved a grade C (grade 4) at GCSE will need to continue with both of these subjects.
How will I be assessed?
The Introductory Diploma is assessed at Pass, Merit and Distinction through the completion of internal assignments. There are no exams. Students wishing to progress to Level 2 must achieve at Merit or above.
What could it lead to?
On successful completion of the course you may progress to the Level 2 Extended Certificate in ICT or an equivalent pathway.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Science route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Computer Systems & Network Support route) Diploma Level 3
- Computing & Digital Technologies (Creative Computing route) Diploma Level 3
- Creative Media Production BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Information and Creative Technologies BTEC Extended Certificate Level 2
- IT Users Introductory Diploma Level 1