A minimum of 1 grade C at GCSE in either Maths (grade 4) or English (grade 4) and 1 other GCSE at grade D. All applicants will need to be successful at interview.
One year full-time.
What will I study?
This is an ideal course for students wishing to enter the construction industry, incorporating elements of design and construction crafts.
Core units include:
- Construction Technology
- Construction and Design
Mandatory units include:
- Scientific and Mathematical Applications for Construction
- Sustainability in Construction
Optional specialist units include:
- Construction Processes and Operations
- Construction Drawing Techniques
- Exploring Carpentry and Joinery Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Brickwork and Blockwork Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Painting and Decorating Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Plumbing Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Electrical Principles and Techniques
- The Construction Industry
- Exploring Roofing Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Wall and Floor Tiling Principles and Techniques
- Exploring Plastering and Dry Lining Principles and Techniques
How will I be assessed?
Evaluation is by coursework which is internally and externally assessed.
What could it lead to?
On successful completion of the course students can progress to the Level 3 90 Credit/Extended Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment, or enter the workplace.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3