Entry requirementsApplicants for this course require a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C including Maths (grade 4), English (grade 4) and Science and will be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance on to the course.
What will I study?Units include:
- Working Effectively and Safely as an Electrician
- Principles of Electrical Installation which includes Basic Mechanics (Resistance, Voltage, Amps), Magnetism and Transformers, AC and DC Supplies, Electrical Circuits, and Methods of Wiring and Earth Bonding Requirements
- Principles of Electrical Machines (AC/DC Machines)
- Electrical Installation to Buildings and Structures which includes Wiring Systems, Cable Calculations, Fire Alarms and Security Systems, and Inspection and Testing of Systems
How will I be assessed?Practical and online multi-choice tests.
What could it lead to?On completion of this Diploma students can progress onto the next level or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then onto higher level courses in Construction.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3