A minimum of 4 Cs at GCSE including Maths (grade 4) and English (grade 4). All applicants will need to be successful at interview.
One year for each level.
What will I study?
This is an ideal course for students wishing to enter the construction industry in the fields of management, design and supervision.
Core units include:
- Health, Safety and Welfare
- Sustainable Construction
- Maths, Science and Materials
- Construction Technology and Design Construction
- Building Technology in Construction
Optional units include:
- Graphical Detailing in Construction and the Built Environment
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Computer Aided Drafting and Design in Construction
- Project Management in Construction and the Built Environment
- Measuring, Estimating and Tendering
- Economics and Finance in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Setting Out Processes in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Building Surveying
- Building Regulations and Control in Construction
- Design Procedures in Construction
- Conversion and Adaptation of Buildings
- Construction Design Technology
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by coursework and a maximum of two assignments per unit.
What could it lead to?
Higher education (degrees, HNCs, HNDs), Higher Apprenticeships or full membership of relevant professional bodies. Past students have gone on to study degrees in Surveying and Quantity Surveying, and employment in the construction industry.
Previously of Graham School
Construction and the Built Environment (Construction, Design and Management) BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3
"I chose this course to increase my knowledge of the construction industry and move on to become a well established professional. I enjoy learning about the different aspects of the industry and engaging in tasks set by the tutors. The course covers a variety of important subjects which are all challenging, the assignments we are given allow us to put skills we have learnt into practice and demonstrate our knowledge."
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3