Entry requirementsA minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C including Maths (grade 4) and English (grade 4). All applicants will be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance onto the course.
What will I study?Level 2 units include:
- Cutting Templates to Form Geometric Shapes
- Setting Out and Shaping Stone by Traditional and Modern Power-assisted Methods
- Stone-cutting Skills including Squaring, Surface Finishes and Straight Mouldings
- Produce Circular Moulds, eg scroll work and ornate carvings
What could it lead to?On completion of the Diploma students should aim to go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, then higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3