Entry requirementsThe Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations or equivalent as well as 4 GCSE grade Cs including Maths (grade 4), English (grade 4) and Science or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2. Without evidence of formal qualifications, candidates must demonstrate adequate prior knowledge and experience to ensure they have the potential to gain the qualification.
What will I study?There are seven units of study:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Understanding the Fundamental Principles and Requirements of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical Installations: Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Electrical Installations: Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- Electrical Systems Design
- Career Awareness in Building Services Engineering
What could it lead to?On completion of this Diploma students should aim to go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then onto higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3