For general entry requirement guidance please follow this link.
More detailed entry requirement information will be available in due course.
This qualification is for candidates who want to work as plumbers in the building services engineering sector. Please note - this qualification does not make candidates fully qualified plumbers or plumbing and heating engineers.
What will I study?
- Health and safety in building services engineering.
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology
- Plumbing system installation planning
- Complex cold water systems
- Domestic hot water
- Sanitation and drainage systems
- Central heating systems
- Domestic gas principles
- Career awareness in building services engineering
What could it lead to?
On completion of this Diploma students can go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship programme, and then on to higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Bricklaying Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery Diplomas City & Guilds Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Certificate Level 3 (HNC Bridge Course)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)
- Constructing the Built Environment Advanced Technical Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 2)
- Construction Skills City & Guilds Extended Certificate Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 1
- Electrical Installation (Electrician's course) Diploma Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Plastering Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Plumbing Diploma Level 3
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2