Entry requirementsApplicants require a minimum of 4 GCSEs at grade C including Maths (grade 4), English (grade 4) and Science. Applicants will also be assessed and interviewed prior to acceptance onto the course.
What will I study?Units include:
- Safety in Plumbing Activities
- Principles of Plumbing
- Hot and Cold Water Systems for Housing
- Sanitation (bathrooms and WCs)
- Central Heating Systems
- Electrical Supplies to Heating Controls
- Lead Work (waterproofing to roofs)
- Environmental Awareness
- Effective Working Relationships
How will I be assessed?Continuous assessment and City and Guilds external examinations.
What could it lead to?On completion of this Diploma students can progress onto the next level or go on to find employment in order to transfer to an apprenticeship, and then onto higher level courses in Construction.
Need some help?
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Advanced Diploma Level 3
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC Diploma Level 1
- Construction and the Built Environment BTEC First Diploma Level 2
- Decorative Occupations (Painting and Decorating) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 1
- Electrical Installation Diploma in Electrotechnical Studies (Electrician's course) Level 2
- Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) Diploma Level 3
- Plastering Occupations Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3
- Plumbing Diploma Level 1
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
- Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industry Diploma Level 1
- Step up into Construction
- Stonemasonry Diploma Level 2
- Trowel Occupations (Bricklaying) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2
- Wood Occupations (Carpentry and Joinery) Diplomas Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3