This is an introduction to company law for those who have no prior knowledge of UK company law. This short course explores the key principles and concepts behind the legal founding and management of companies in the UK. It provides the legal background to the various possible stages a company can go through in its lifetime, from beginning to end. It also looks at the legal obligations a company, and the people who run it, face whilst carrying out its everyday business.
Dates and Times
More dates TBC.
In this course you will learn:
What is a company?
- Company formation and constitution.
- The board: role, duties, powers and decision-making.
- Share capital and capital maintenance.
- Winding up.
- A concise overview of the main legal principles underpinning company activity in the UK.
- An understanding of the ‘life’ of the company and of the legal obligations it, and the people who run it, will face day to day.
Exams and Assessments
No formal assessment.
After the course, many students progress onto more formal business courses.
How to Apply
If you wish to study this course you do not need to fill out an application form, simply call our Admissions Team on (01904) 770397 or visit our friendly team of advisors in the InfoZone, located behind the main reception desk.
If you have any questions about this course or any aspects of studying at York College please email email@example.com or call (01904) 770770.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this webpage, the content is subject to change where necessary.
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Award in Accounting Software
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
- York College Certificate - Intro to Accounting Software and SAGE
- York College Certificate - Intro to Events and Conference Management
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Bookkeeping
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business and Company Law
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Business Skills
- York College Certificate - Introduction to Payroll